Monday, July 28, 2008

Tour de Fleece, c'est fini...

...and I finished a yarn! Yay! This is Plum Honey Light:

Plum Honey Light yarn

...and the dime shot:

Plum Honey Light yarn, close up

The Specs
Started 7/21
Completed: 7/27/08
Merino-Silk top from Yarn Wench
Color: Plum Honey Light 1
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT wheel, Navajo-plied
WPI: 12 (Worsted)

This was record time for me, but I was motivated to start and finish at least one yarn for the Tour. What it meant was that I didn't do any knitting until I'd stopped spinning for the day (my left knee can only handle treadling for a few hours).

I did manage to finish one pattern repeat on the Mermaid's Morning Surf Scarf an a few rows on the Midsummer Paradise socks. And a little housework, but really the whole weekend was spinning!

I'm going to swap back to knitting for a bit while I decide whether to finish the Plumthorn yarn on the wheel instead of by spindle. It's coming out very thin on the spindle and I like it. It's just that spinning thin on the spindle takes a long time! We'll see...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...