Monday, July 07, 2008

Vacation count down...

...only 3 more days of work. We have 50 million things to get done before we leave on Thursday, like laundry and packing. Of course, all of my knitting stuff is ready to go!

One thing we had to do before we left was harvest the apricots. Now, a lot of them are still on the green side and given another week they'd be ready. However, we won't be here to pick them and I don't think our cat sitter (The Daughter) is much interested in harvesting a ton of apricots. Anyway, yesterday we picked all but the absolutely green apricots:

Blenheim apricot harvest, 2008

...and a close-up.

Blenheim apricot harvest

About half of these were pitted and frozen (that was a lot of work!). The rest are being given as gifts to friends; there are some that need another couple of days to be ripe. I also made an apricot crisp from the really ripe apricots.

Yesterday was the second day of Tour de Fleece. Because I'm spinning the purple Merino-silk so thinly, I couldn't face it after cutting all of those apricots! Instead I started the "Guerrilla Girl" roving from Tempted that I bought from the Loopy Ewe. I forgot to take a picture of the roving in its original braid, but here's a picture of it pre-drafted:

Guerrilla Girl Top, predrafted

And this is what I spun on Day 2:

Guerrilla Girl singles

The colors are very "Neapolitan ice cream" (my favorite!). I'm doing this one a little thicker than I usually spin, so it will be a challenge to keep it consistent.

For today's stage, I'll continue spinning on Guerrilla Girl, but I won't get more than a few minutes to spin. Too may things to do!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...