Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crossed the finish line...

Ravelympics recap:
  • Handspun Heptathlon: 6 entered +1 late entrant; 7 done
  • Scarf Stroke: 1 entered; 1 in progress
  • WIPs Wrestling: 3 entered; 2 done
I completed everything for Handspun Heptathlon, but at the cost of my remaining WIP and my scarf entry. I knew there was no way I could finish either one by the end of closing ceremonies, so I chose to concentrate on the spinning, which I knew I could finish.

Originally, I was only going to do 6 yarns, but when the Husband reminded me that a heptathlon was seven events, I thought I'd try to squeeze in another one if I had time. And I did manage to squeeze in an extra 2oz Merino-Tussah top.

Sirena got quite a workout in the last month and I'm giving her a much deserved rest after I clean her up and give her a coat of Beeswax and Orange Oil. As for me, I need more Ibuprofen and some ice for my hands!

Handspun Heptathlon

2 comments:

Just Jane said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! A "champion" for sure!! Go take a good book outside and soothe those poor hands! For me??? All I got to do all weekend was clean house! Talk to ya tomorrow!

marie said...

Thank you!! Sunday was kind of a lost day...I did a little shopping and then vegged out for the rest of the day!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...