Friday, August 15, 2008

Eye Candy Friday and Ravelympics update...

...two in one! I've been spinning away on my second yarn for Ravelympics and I'm almost there. Last night I finished spinning the second bobbin and started plying the first bobbin I'd finished earlier in the week. This is the Plumcopper yarn (Yarn Wench merino-silk top):

Plumcopper yarn, in progress

I should be able to finish this tonight. (Then I'll only have 4 yarns left to spin...ACK!)

I haven't done any knitting in the past couple of days. What little time I've had for crafts, I've used for spinning. However, I need to get back to the last WIP I've entered in the Ravelympics and I still have to cast on the little shawl (scarf?) I signed up for...yeah, I'll be busy this weekend!

In my continuing fascination with the sky and clouds, I took some pictures last night as the sun was setting. This first picture shows our apricot tree in silhouette. The other trees and shrubbery are in our neighbor's yard.

Sunset Silhouette

The Husband teases me about taking so many sky pictures, but when you see a sky like this...

Clouds at Sunset

...how can you resist?

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...