Friday, August 08, 2008

Eye Candy Friday for Ravelympics Opening Ceremonies

...which coincide with the Summer Olympics opening ceremonies in Beijing that started at 5am PST. While I did not cast on for one of my new projects, I did get up at 5am and work on my spinning WIP, the Plumthorn Wensleydale top. I decided to finish this on the wheel to make things go faster.

Here is the second bobbin.

Bobbin 2 of Plumthorn

I have just a bit more to spin and then I can ply it. I do love how this is turning out!

Tonight, the Husband and I are going to Redwood City to watch the Opening Ceremonies, which are being telecast outdoors on a big screen. We're meeting up with one (or more?) of his co-workers, so it should be fun. I am taking one of my knitting WIPs to work on.

Tomorrow, we have a date to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit at SF MOMA. I love her work and am really looking forward to it! We plan on having a late lunch after the exhibit at Thirsty Bear (yummy!). After that we have no plans, so we'll just play it by ear.

Have a great weekend! And just because you need a flower picture from me:

Magic Lilies in pink

Magic Lilies, AKA n@ked ladies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dropping in to say hello and hmm, that Wensleydale looks familiar :) Your flowers are so wonderful to see - they'd make great note cards!! I was thinking of seeing the Kahlo exhibit too. Hope you're well, Terry

marie said...

LOL! It's all spun now and very pretty!

The Kahlo exhibit was great, but I recommend going during the week. There were so many people on Saturday that it was difficult to see some of the paintings.

Take care!
-m

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...