Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WIP-it Wednesday, Ravelympics style...

..I finished another WIP. But first, here's my Ravelympics count:
  • WIPs Wrestling: 3 entered; 2 done
  • Handspun Heptathlon: 6 (+1 alternate) entered; 1 in progress; 1 done
  • Shawl Relay: 1 (+1 alternate) entered; 0 started (oops!)
I finished the Wisterious Bootees that I started back in April. Here's the picture:

Wisterious Bootees

Specs:
Finished: 8/12/08
Pattern: Saartje's Bootees by Saartje de Bruijn
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Wisterious
Needle: size 5
Size: large (cast on 35)

I'm happy I finished the second one, but I probably won't being knitting this pattern again for a while. It's an easy knit and the pattern is very easy to follow,. I simply didn't enjoy knitting the straps and I don't like how they turned out. Why knit something if you don't enjoy it?

After work, I'm meeting up with a fellow Raveler to help her with her Ravelry profile and show her some of the cool stuff you can do. After that I'll go home and watch the Olympics and spin away. I need to get cracking if I want to finish 5 more yarns, not counting the alternate.

What on earth was I drinking thinking when I signed up for that many!?

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...