Friday, September 05, 2008

Lots of Eye Candy for Friday...

...yesterday was quite nice. The Husband hand-delivered flowers for my birthday:

Birthday flowers

and another view...

Birthday flowers

And when I got home, my sister and her family had sent me a lovely arrangement.

Birthday bouquet

For my birthday present, the Husband bought me a Mission Fig tree, complete with figs!

Mission Fig tree

We both love figs, and I especially love the Mission figs, so this is a great addition to our garden.

The postal person brought a present from my friend Jane. Looks at the great gifts she sent!

Birthday goodies from Jane

She sent me some Merino pencil roving, Flat Feet sock yarn, an autographed copy of Debbie Macomber's book "Twenty Wishes," and some Debbie Macomber goodies! Jane attended a book signing a few weeks ago and thoughtfully got me the book and goodies! (what a pal!) The roving and Flat Feet yarn colors match nicely, so they are destined to be a set (socks and hat? socks and scarf?) Thanks, Jane!!

I received phone calls from the Daughter, my mother, and my ex-mother-in-law (!?). One of my brothers called, too, but I wasn't home from work yet... All in all it was a good birthday, even if I did have to work!

Up this weekend: I'm going to try to finish the Tulips Baby Cardigan. The heat wave is supposed to continue into the weekend, so I maybe knitting outside. I may knit outside anyway and enjoy the garden while I can. Sombra would like that...

Sombra in the garden...

Have a good one!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...