Monday, September 29, 2008

vamping it up...

...I've been on a vampire kick for a while now. I've read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books from Charlaine Harris and I've been reading vampire books from assorted authors. I've been considering whether its time to read the Lestat books from Anne Rice again (for the 5th or 6th time).

Anyway, when the Yarn Wench posted the Vampira colorway, I knew I had to get it! I started it last week and finished it this weekend. Here it is in the skein:

Vampira yarn

...and the dime shot:

Vampira yarn, close up

Specs:
Started 9/20/08
Finished 9/27/08
Falkland top from Yarn Wench in Vampira
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yield: 302.8 yds Navajo-plied
WPI: 17 (average)

It was a nice change to do a different colors since I've been spinning lots of purples, oranges, and blues.

I finished the cuff on the Monkey socks and started the heel flap. I decided to only do 5 pattern repeats instead of 6—I really prefer a shorter cuff. I love the way the pattern is turning out and the no-purl version is a fast knit. I'll post a picture on WIP-it Wednesday.

I signed up for Socktoberfest again...let's see if I can finish the Monkey socks plus another pair during October!

That's it for now....lots of work in my queue and it's gong to be crazy around here for a while!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...