Wednesday, October 29, 2008

another yarn finished...

...next time I decide to spin 8 ounces of one color, remind me how long it takes to ply it! Here is Deep Blue Sea (I need to retake these pictures in better light):

Deep Blue Sea yarn

...and the close-up:

Deep Blue Sea yarn, close up
Specs:
Started: 10/12/08
Finished: 10/28/08
Seawool top from Creatively Dyed in Deep Blue Sea
Spun and plied on Lendrum DT folding wheel
Yield: 391 yards traditional 3-ply at 14WPI; 14 yards Navajo-plied at 13WPI

Whew! I'm going to go back to knitting for a bit. I'll hold off starting the Pumpkin Spice roving for a few days to give my hands a break!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...