Monday, October 20, 2008

resigning myself to de-feet...

...the Socktoberfest mystery socks are happening as written. After getting two (of 12) pattern repeats done, they just weren't looking like the pictures. I frogged then a couple of times and carefully counted and reknit them...they still looked sucky. I hate when the pattern gets the best of me! I do fine with most sock patterns, but every once in a while, a pattern just doesn't work for me. (Hydrangea socks, anyone?) This was one of them...

Aince I love the look of the offset ribbing from clue one, I decided to frog back to the end of the last ribbing repeat and just continue with that until I get to the heel. A least they will have part of the mystery!

I had much better luck with spinning. I finished the second bobbin of Deep Blue Sea. It looks like I get third bobbin out of the remaining fiber. It's looking really good:

Deep Blue Sea, 2 bobbins full

This will become a three ply yarn...I just haven't decided whether I will do a traditional 3-ply or a Navajo-ply.

Things are winding down in the backyard. The few remaining tomato plants look bedraggled, but they are still trying to grow fruit. We do have some chile peppers that are getting ripe:

More chile peppers

I think these are Black Pearl peppers. They turn bright red when they are ripe and the Husband says they are very hot.

The nasturtiums are going strong...I'll have to pick some for a salad before they are all gone.

Orange Nasturtium

I went to Pacific International Quilt festival on Sunday. In additional to looking at all the wonderful quilts on exhibit, I had a very specific idea of what I wanted to buy. And, I didn't find it! Rats! Now I'll have to look online. I can't tell you what it is as it's part of my secret project. I did buy a fat quarter pack of Christmas fabric and a Dia de los Muertos pattern, but that's pretty much it. (I know, I know, I restrained myself big-time!)

I still need to get my sewing machine in for its tune-up and I better do it soon, so I can start working on my Holiday projects!

2 comments:

Just Jane said...

WELL HA! I've started a "secret" gift too........so there! And NO CLUES....hahahahahahahah rofl...rofl....hahahahahahaha

Remember our "pack" we are starting out "little" again and leaving room to grow....

marie said...

Did I agree to that?? Hmmm, must have been in a moment of weakness! LOL!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...