Friday, November 21, 2008

Early morning eye candy...

...getting up early to go to the gym has its advantages. I get to see some wonderful sunrises. Flowers and plants always look so much more vibrant in the morning sun.

This morning I noticed paper white narcissus growing wild in the front yard.

Paper White Narcissus

They are in all stages of growth: some blooming, some wilting, and some just starting.

About a week ago, the husband moved some planters to the front of the house. They contain an assortment of snapdragons and pansies. They really add some much-needed color to the front of the house.

These pansies caught my eye this morning:

Pansies

Since it's getting colder and colder in the mornings, I decided I really needed to get serious about finding something to cover my ears. A quick search on Ravelry yielded three patterns for bike helmet ear muffs. After reading all of the patterns, I decided that the pattern by Briney Deep Designs [Ravelry] was very close to what I envisioned. It's basically two covers for the straps connected by a head band...it's hard to describe, so just go look at the picture!

I started the project on Wednesday and I'm about at the halfway point. I've tried it on my helmet and it fits really well. I wish I had them this morning!

Up this weekend: finish putting the kitchen back together, clean the house, and unearth the dining room table. I also need to make my cranberry sauce and do most of my Thanksgiving shopping. Gotta get that turkey so it has time to defrost and I can get it into the brine! In between times, I'll work on the earmuffs and sew the Siamese kitty together.

It's going to be a busy weekend...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...