Monday, November 03, 2008

November already...

....this year is zipping right along! Wish my projects were!

The knitting is going slowly. The Mystery socks are sitting at the bottom of my knitting bag, while I decide whether to frog them and turn them into a different pair of socks, or soldier on and finish them. I'm not feeling the love for these socks right now.

As for the dog sweater, well, let's just say I have some work to do. I got a chance to try it on the dog—the back fits perfectly; the front, way too narrow. I'm about ready to chuck this pattern across the room! I may just give up and add button bands to the front so it will close. It's at the bottom of the knitting bag, too.

It wasn't all frustrating. I did finish a simple hat for myself...I haven't taken a picture yet, but believe me, the operative word is simple. I'll post the specs when I get the picture uploaded.

I also made some progress on the February Lady Sweater. I'm working down the yoke, trying to get to the spot when I can start the lace portion of the sweater. But each round takes so long to do that I feel like I'm going nowhere fast.

On Sunday, I decided I needed to get outside and walk off some of my frustration. I took the new camera with me and decided to take picture of whatever caught my fancy.

Of course, I took pictures of sky...love me some clouds!

Clouds

November sky 2

I tried out the macro setting on different plants.

Autumn leaves

Red Bougainvillea

And I discovered that the elementary school just around the corner has rose bushes.

Nimitz Roses collage

(There are a few more pictures on my Flickr photostream.)

So far, I'm very happy with this camera (Canon A1000 IS). It takes good macro pictures when the operator doesn't mess up (lol!). I need to try it on people next!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...