Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve...

...I'm spending part of the day doing a little of this and little of that. I'm playing Sys Admin for the Daughter, making sure she has a complete backup of her computer. I'll do a mini backup of my own after that. I've paid some bills and picked up the living room.

Yesterday, I got a chance to do a little spinning, finishing bobbin 1 of Mourning Dove's Cousin and starting the second. Here's bobbin 1:

Mourning Dove's Cousin 1, bobbin 1

This is merino-silk top from Yarn Wench (who else?!). I love working with this fiber.

Last night, I decided to make enchiladas for dinner. I only make these once or twice a year since I can't (read: shouldn't) eat the tortillas and rice. I made a dozen cheese ones for the Daughter and Husband and a few meat ones for me. As a special treat, I cooked the tamales that my mom sent to me...OMG, they are wonderful!!

I tried to make some Mexican Chocolate brownies for dessert, but my oven decided to act up on me again. Even though I had it set to 350, it decided I really wanted 275. I kicked up the temp setting to 400 and finally got the oven to 350. However, the brownies did not turn out, being very hard on the edges and soft in the center. They are tasty, but not exactly what I'd call brownies.

Tonight will be low-key, just the Husband, me, and the cats (he Daughter is going out with her friends). I have a bottle of champagne to toast the New Year.

Here's wishing all of us a very Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...