Monday, December 29, 2008

lazy...I wanna be lazy...

...and I am! I'm just hanging around the house, knitting and reading. Sombra is keeping me company by sitting close by:

Sombra

I've been working on the February Lady sweater. I've started the lace section and put the sleeve sections on waste yarn. It's slow going with 296 stitches on the circular, so having a second project is essential.

I frogged the Mystery socks that I had started for Socktoberfest. I was not happy with the way they were turning out and decided that they were never going to happen. So instead I decided to try making Jaywalker socks [Ravelry] again. I have worked the ribbing and started the pattern:

Jaywalker socks, take 2

I loved the pattern the first time I tried it. The only problem I had was that the sock would not fit over my heel. I have cast on for a larger size and will adjust the size of the needle when I get to the heel, if necessary.

If I get totally bored with knitting, I'll pull out my wheel and finish up one of the yarns I have in progress. For now, though, knitting has my attention. Mainly, I just want to enjoy being on vacation!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...