Monday, December 01, 2008

weekend report...

...in a word: wonderful! While long weekends are never really long enough, I managed to get something finished and worked on other things that needed attention.

  • Knitting: I've already posted pictures of the completed Siamese Kitty. I also worked on my sweater a little.
    (November Recap to follow in a separate posting.)
  • Secret project: I've made excellent progress on my secret project, which is kind of amazing since I had to clean up my sewing room before I could work on it. My sewing room tends to be the destination for everything that we take out of the living room when we have company!
  • House: Even after the madness called Thanksgiving, it's still in pretty good shape. The Thanksgiving dishes are all taken care of and now I'm ready to start decorating for Christmas.
Now that the kitchen has been freshened, we started looking at the dining area. One thing that's been bugging us for a while is our wall unit—it's old (I think the ex and I bought it within a year of moving into the house...1972, maybe?) and the shelves are breaking away from the brackets. We've wanted to replace them for quite a while. With all of the Thanksgiving weekend sales, we found a set of bookcases that were 25% off and we decided to get ourselves an early Christmas present.

They are mission-style and match the coffee table that the Husband bought me last year at Christmas.


New bookcases

And, the store delivered them on the same day that we bought them...how cool is that?! I haven't moved anything into them yet as we wanted to give them a layer of Liquid Gold first. We are very pleased with the way they look!

I need to start getting serious about baking. So fair warning: this blog will show craft content and more baking content as the month progresses. In December, it's all about the cookie around here!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Well I'm so glad to hear that you made good progress on your "secret" project....that makes ONE OF US! I've looked at it several times, does that count?? If I finish it....it will be a true Christmas Miracle! But I'm gonna give it my best shot....plus I dreamed up another small idea...that could come out pretty cool....very different, and most likely NOT something you have!
I need about a 72 hour day to catch up and get serious about Christmas, I swear! Talk to ya soon!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...