Friday, January 23, 2009

Eye'm-really-here Candy Friday...

...had a few things to do for work that couldn't wait. (Don't you just hate when work interferes with fun?) It's been a really busy...

I went to Knit Night at Full Thread Ahead on Monday and worked on the Jaywalker socks. They are coming along nicely, see:

Jaywalker socks

While I was there, some yarn jumped into my hands and begged to come home with me (I swear!!). Nice person that I am, I obliged:

Lavender Sunuvasock

On Tuesday, I went to work late so I could watch the Inauguration on TV—the Daughter got to see it in person! (well, as in person as you can get with 1 million+ other people.) She sent me a text message during the speech and a picture so I could see where she was. It was pretty awesome all the way around.

Other than that, I don't have a lot to report. However, as promised, I do have some pictures of what I bought at Purlescence last weekend.

I bought two skeins of Socks That Rock Lightweight (because you can never have too much sock yarn, right?). Here's Peacock:

Peacock STR yarn

and Mocha Berry:

Mocha Berry STR yarn

I also bought 4 ounces of a Wool-Tencel bland by Creatively Dyed. Unfortunately, the color was not marked on the label and I didn't notice that until I got it home. I named it "Just Beachy" because it has elements of the sea and sand :

Just Beachy

I really love the colors in this fiber and it will be interesting to see how they will blend when spun.

Up this weekend: maybe those things I didn't do last weekend...unearth the craft room, finish spinning Dragonfly Wings...who knows?!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Hey! You are forgiven! I can so easily see how that just had to make it home with you....you done good! And like I've said before, even though you spend money on things...you ALWAYS do things with them...so for sure they are not wasted! I wonder...did you check out the Yarn Wrench today? Some lucious stuff there!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...