Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!

...I ended the year by finishing the Mourning Dove's Cousin yarn I had on the wheel:

Mourning Dove's Cousin yarn

Specs:
Started 11/28/08
Finished 12/31/08
Merino-Silk top from Yarn Wench
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yield: 320+ yards; 1 skein 143.75 yds, 14 WPI; 1 skein 176.3 yds, 16 WPI

Spinning each bobbin on separate days played hell with my consistency. I spun much thinner on one bobbin than the other.

Close up of skein 1 (176,3 yards, 16 WPI):

Mourning Dove's Cousin yarn, skein #1

Close up of skein 2 (143.75 yards, 14 WPI):

Mourning Dove's Cousin yarn, skein #2

I'm working on my December and year-end recaps and will post those later. I'll also start taking down the Christmas decorations today. Since I don't go back to work until Monday, I can take my time doing it!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...sky-style. Mom's house has a great view out of the back yard. It is not unusual to see a layer of fog in the morning. Headin...