Friday, January 09, 2009

Hard to do Eye Candy Friday with no camera...

...the camera and I seem to be in different places today. I'm hoping I accidentally stuffed in it my knitting bag (which is at home) rather than lost it!

So, it's back to the archives to show you an old project. It seems fitting that I show you a stitched object since I mentioned my transition from stitcher to knitter/spinner.

Here's one of the mermaids I stitched...this is Deepest Love by Mirabilia:

Deepest Love


I have her hanging in my bedroom, opposite the other Mirabilia mermaid I stitched. I love Mirabilia's mermaids and will eventually finish a third one that I have in progress. (That is, if I can ever pull myself away from the knitting and spinning!)

Up this weekend: one of my brothers is coming for a visit tonight and will be here for at least part of the day tomorrow. On Sunday, we are giving a family party for the Husband's Dad. So pretty much, my weekend's taken up with social obligations...we'll see if I have time to do any crafty things!

You still have a few days to enter my contest...go here to enter. I'll post the name of the winner on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Turtle said...

what a nice mermaid, love them as well! Have a fantastic weekend with the family!

katica said...

I was just searching google for images of this mermaid to get a better view of what she looks like completed and yours is beautiful!
did you stitch it with the original colours or did you change any of them?

marie said...

Thank you! For this mermaid, I used all of the colors and treasures as specified. This was the first Mirabilia mermaid I stitched. I've since done 2 more and started a 4th. You can see the other 2 in my Flickr set--I modified the neck on Waiting for Ships (I didn't like the way it looked in design), and stitched them both on the same color fabric as Deepest Love. Hope that helps!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...