Monday, January 26, 2009

it's a Monday...

...I was gathering all my stuff together to go to work, including my knitting because tonight is Knit Night and Full Thread Ahead is less than 5 minutes from my office. I got to work and something is missing!

Messenger bag with work stuff; check.

Mail to send; check.

Stuff for breakfast; check.

Purse, phone, glasses; check, check, and check.

Knitting bag...Oh Noes! I left it at home!! Cr@p!! It takes 20 minutes to drive home and then 20 back...not to mention the gas. And I can't justify buying more yarn and needles at this point, so no Knit Night for me.


I hope this is not an indicator for the rest of the week.

My weekend was good, though. I did manage to unearth some of my craft room—enough to where I can move around now. I had a whole bunch of fabric leftover from the Christmas sewing that I folded and put away. I also moved and put away the stuff that belonged in my office (AKA the Daughter's room) and bagged up some leftover Christmas stuff to move into our upstairs storage. Things just gravitate to my craft room for some reason.

I did do a little spinning. I'm almost done with bobbin 1 of Dragonfly Wings. LOVE these colors!

I worked on the Jaywalker socks and looked at the February Lady sweater. I'm not feeling the love for the sweater right now. There are just so many great patterns, why am I not working on them? LOL! I ended up starting the Argosy scarf [Ravelry] because the pattern intrigues me and I already had the yarn and needles. (Of course, since I left my knitting at home, I can't show you what it looks like! grrr...)

One thing I forgot to mention was that Sunday was our anniversary...the Husband and I celebrated 28 years together and 23 years of marriage. Rather than go out to dinner like we usually do (and spend way too much money), we decided to have a nice leisurely lunch. Nothing fancy, just lunch at a brew pub. But the place wasn't crowded or noisy, so we could actually hear each other speak. And the food was good and the beer was great. Normally, we take a weekend away and go to the coast. We just couldn't manage the time right now. Maybe later in the year.

That's it for now...I leave you with a picture of the snow pea plant growing in the back yard:

Snow pea leaf

No flowers yet, but soon!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

NO KNITTING....OH NO! As far as I can see, you will have to try to get there a little early, buy some yarn, and some needles, and a pattern....that should be about the same as the gas home...haha!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...