Wednesday, January 28, 2009

so after all that whining...

...I went home, got my knitting, and went to Knit Night. I was still undecided when I got home, but the Husband pointed out that it probably wouldn't take me 20 minutes to drive back as the shop was in the reverse-commute direction. So I went and I'm glad I did! It's great to knit with others who understand your obsession!

I ended up frogging the Argosy scarf because something was wonky with the squares. This was a user error, not a fault of the pattern. I started again and have almost gotten back to where I was. It doesn't look like much yet.


Argosy scarf, the beginning

I'm still plugging away at the Jaywalkers. For me, the sock gusset is the most time-consuming part of the sock and that's where I am.

My Stitches West 2009 packet arrived and I have a little homework to do. On Friday, I am taking "Spinning Cotton for Knitting" (we learn to spin on an Indian charkha) and on Saturday, "The Infinite Variety of Magical Moebius Knitting." The homework I have is for the Moebius class. Mostly, I just need to watch Cat Bordhi's uTube video of how to do the cast on and practice a bit. Anyway, I am really looking forward to both of my classes. (And the market, of course!)

I'm impatiently waiting for the first 2009 installment of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club. I've already looked at the spoilers and I love what I've seen so far! AND, somehow I managed to get in the Loopy Ewe Sock Club on my first try (it's a lottery, so you have to wait and see if you "won"). Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see the first installment of that club either!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...