Monday, January 19, 2009

weekend pot pourri...

...an unusual one for me. No knitting, no spinning, no quilting, no stitching, and no tidying up the craft room! I did some shopping, reading, and just generally lazed around.

A side-effect of letting the Daughter use my car when she's home is that I don't go shopping for anything other than groceries. The Husband is really good about sharing his car, but it's just not the same. as hopping into my own little car and zooming around. I decided it was high time to go shopping!

Kohl's had my favorite shoes on sale, so I went there and got two pairs. They don't often have them in my size, so when I find them, might as well buy two pairs!

I had a 30% off coupon at Borders, so I went there and bought "The Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets: 250 Stitches to Knit", several magazines, and a CD of E. Power Biggs playing Bach Fugues.

I hadn't been to Purlescence in ages, so I stopped in to fondle the Socks That Rock yarn, check out their fibers (I'd love to spin silk hankies some day), and look at the store models. After seeing the store model, I fell totally in love with Sandi's sweater pattern, Mesh Back Cardigan, so I bought the pattern. I won't get the yarn for this one until I finish the February Lady Sweater. (I'll admit to buying a couple of other items, but no pix yet!)

I went to Michael's to scope out the jewelry findings. I'm always on the lookout for silver split rings...I like to use them when I make stitch markers. I need a lot more practice getting a clean join with jump rings, so for now I use the split rings. Anyway, they had a package and I found a string of shells that I can use for the markers.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading my new magazines and books. I also finished a Debbie Macomber book (Married in Seattle) that I started on Wednesday. It was an OK book...it's a reissue of two earlier books. I like her later stuff better. When I finished that one, I started Fern Michaels' "Final Justice."

When I wasn't out and about, I was playing with my new toy. Did I mention that I acquired an iPhone? One of my brothers-in-law had to economize, so I became the happy recipient of his iPhone (and he took my Sony Ericsson). I've been having a grand time playing with my new phone! I spent hours perusing the App store and looking for ring tones ...whoa! Big timesink! Here it is with a Jaywalker sock:

iPhone, iKnit

I downloaded some apps (Koi Pond, Magic iBall, and Enigmo) and a couple of ring tones (Abba's "Chiquitita" in Spanish and The Blasters "Dark Night"). It's all set up to pull my Yahoo! mail and gMail, and got it to sync with my Bluetooth device. I loaded the Bach fugues into iTunes and set them up to sync with both my iPod and my iPhone. I still have a ways to go on checking out all the iPhone's possibilities, but I'm a very happy camper!

Some might say that I frittered away my weekend. Well, I don't think so. I tend to cram as much as I can into a day, much less a weekend, so this was a nice change!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

ahhhhhhhh sounds like your weekend was meant to be! What a better way to spend one than focusing on things that make you happy! Cool you finally got the phone...I've looked at them...(verizon) and figure as often as I use my phone, it would truely be a waste of money! It's very tempting, but I really have no call for such...I don't even use my phone now much...it's OFF 99.9% of the time, and only on when I call someone, ya see, a waste for me...but alas for you! YUP...just what you need...something else to "master" in your "spare time"...haha! Yesterday was Gordon's birthday, so had dinner with the kids, here...nice day! More on my other "issues" later....tata!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...