Friday, January 30, 2009

what a relief that it's Friday...

...because it's been a week! Lots of interruptions to my normal work day and lots of little things to do. In addition, our router at work has been acting funny so we lost email for a while yesterday and our Internet connection is intermittently slow...Arg!

Today's Eye Candy is a photo I took of some beads. I used some of Picnik's effects (Gritty and Hypnotic) to modify the picture. The beads are all the same size, but the effects make them look like they are different sizes. I like the way it turned out (click to see the larger version):

Beads...

I'm making good progress on the Argosy scarf [Ravelry]. I had to make a checklist when I got to the part where the pattern said "repeat section 2 26 times." I need check boxes for something like that! Anyway, here it is after 2 repeats:

Argosy Scarf, in progress

I like the way color changes in this yearn and I hope it softens up some after washing and blocking.

Oh, and my sock club installment arrived...yay! I love the colors and the sock pattern is cool. Click on the spoiler picture to see the package and get to other pictures I have on Flickr.




Up this weekend: spinning, knitting, and who knows what else? Have a good one!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...