Wednesday, January 07, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, sweater edition...

...in addition to the Jaywalker Socks, I've been plugging away at the February Lady Sweater. This is my first adult-sized sweater and while the pattern is not difficult, I'm finding it quite challenging to keep on knitting it. Each row takes so long to complete that it's taking forever to see any progress. Here's what it looks like right now:

February Lady Sweater progress

As you can see, I have the arms on waste yarn and I'm working my way down the lace portion of the body. I'm hoping that blocking will make the button bands a little less wavy. I also plan on reinforcing the buttonholes after blocking. I do like working with the Cascade 220 yarn and the color is wonderful.

Entries are rolling in for my contest—thanks for all your good wishes! One of the comments asked if I could share progress photos of a project from roving to knitted object. Now, I've only knitted two projects with my own handspun: one was a gift and the other is hibernating while I try to decide whether to frog it and use larger needles.

Here are the photos of the Blue Moon Corrugator Scarf that I spun and knit in 2007:

Spinning Progression Collage

The pictures are:
  • Fiber: Spunky Eclectic Corriedale top (4 oz) in Blue Moon
  • One bobbin complete
  • Completed yarn of two Blue Moon singles and one rayon thread (180.8 yards)
  • Yarn cake and knitting in progress
  • Completed Corrugator Scarf, gifted to my friend Jane

Pretty much, I spin to enjoy the process rather than for a specific knitting project. To me, the project is the yarn. Someday I'll figure out what to do with my handspun, but for now I'll just enjoy the spinning!

Don't forget to enter my contest. Leave a comment in the contest post; deadline is midnight 1/12/09!

1 comment:

Sharon Rose said...

Gorgeous! I love the progression mosaic. I'll have to do one of those some day. :)

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...