Friday, February 20, 2009

assorted pictures for Eye Candy Friday...

...starting with a sky picture (because you knew I would).

Morning blues

Things are still drying out, but the rain is supposed to start up again soon.

Our garden is starting to come to life again. The weeping Santa Rosa plum tree has lots of buds and a few blossoms:

Buds on the Weeping Santa Rosa Plum tree

Our daffodils are starting to bloom. I've been playing with Picnik again...here's an edited daffodil picture for you (click to embiggen):

One daffodil

There are a couple more pictures in my Flickr photostream.

On the craft front, I've wound the yarn for my Rockin' Sock Club socks and strung all the beads:

Queen of Beads socks, ready to start

As soon as I finish the Jaywalkers, I'm starting on these socks. I'm finally to the toes of the Jaywalkers (YAY!), so I'm hoping to finish them this weekend.

Also up this weekend, start getting my stuff organized for Stitches West. I'm taking some extra time off next week, so I have plenty of time. I just want to make sure that I know whether I'm missing anything and make sure to do my homework for one class. I'm only working Monday and Tuesday next week and I'm looking forward to that!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Love the daffodils...where Wordsworth lived in Grasmere, Lake District, England, was one of the places we visited on our British Isle trip....we toured the darling "cottege" where he wrote most of his poetry about Daffodils...I have a book from there, what an interesting man! Not without strives of life.... also the Daffodil is the flower of Breast Cancer...so it's very dear to my heart....mine are starting to come up in my flowerbed, be some time before they bloom, but I sure love them....

Have a great weekend, and prepare, prepare and prepare, (yeah right, like you won't have your homework done!)....as I've said sooooo many times....you're just awesome and amazing...what an honor to call you my best friend! I "guess" we may not talk Wednesday??? Let me know...Granny on the go...get to play with the baby tomorrow, AND help Laurie decorate her room!!!!!!
Love Ya...thanks for the SEES!... my big "chore for the weekend"...haha

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...