Friday, February 27, 2009

it's still Friday...

...so here's a quick Eye Candy installment. I got home after 5:30 and saw this:

Sunsets are not something I normally see on Fridays, so this was a nice change.

Friday Sunset

I had a long day at Stitches West. My "Spinning Cotton for Knitting" class started at 8:30 and was really good. I tell ya, spinning with a charka is not a slam dunk. You use your left hand to feed the cotton and the right hand to turn the charka wheel. My left hand...not so dextrous and kind of clueless. It paid no attention to what I wanted it to do! I did manage to kind of get the hang of it and got a small skein of yarn. I decided not to invest in a charka right now. Instead I'm going to use the fast flyer on my wheel and practice spinning cotton on that before I go back to the charka.

I'll have a longer report on the market after I've had a chance to take some pictures. But here's a sample of some of the yummy stuff I bought:

Manos Silk Blend yarn

This is Manos Silk Blend-30% silk and 70% Merino Extra Fine wool. It is so soft! I got this at the Purlescence booth.

Tomorrow I have the Moebius knitting class with Cat Bordhi. I've taken a class with Cat before and it was really good. I'm looking forward to it!

OK, need food now...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...