Friday, March 06, 2009

not much to see here...

...it's been a busy week and I'm still recovering from the fiber fumes of Stitches West! The best I can offer you picture-wise is this pansy in one of our planter boxes:

Pansy

I did manage to start the Daughter's new Calorimetry in a Lion Brand gray acrylic yarn...it is very soft so she should like it. I wish she could wear at least a wool-acrylic blend because there are so many beautiful yarns out there (and in my stash!). Oh, well...

I also managed to knit a few rows on my Moebius scarf thingy. I really love the Manos yarn!

The only other personal thing I've worked on it my Knit2 Bag Pattern. Some people have expressed an interest in the pattern and I've actually sold a couple of them. I'm just happy that some one else thinks they are useful... My goal with this pattern was to show how to put it together, not to go into the bag-making business. Although, I have been thinking of making bag kits—packaging the fabric and notions that you need to make it along with the pattern. I don't know yet...it's a thought.

Up this weekend: finding a home for my Stitches purchases and getting the house in order. One of my brothers may be in town next week and I just want to be prepared. Plus the rain has really done a job on my floors and I need to get those mopped. In between, there will be a little knitting, a little spinning, and whatever catches my eye!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

beautiful!! Have you ever used your "macro" lense on your spinning?? I was looking at some in Yarn Wrench the other day, and love the way she has gotten really "upclose" pictures...

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...