Monday, April 27, 2009

the fault, dear Roguish, is not in our yarn...

...but in our knitter.

Rogiush Roses, top ramen-style

Roguish Roses...frogged forever. Well, not the picot hem because that turned out well.

Cuffs for Show-off Stranded Socks

But life is too short to knit something you don't like and isn't fun. This was a frustrating pattern for me and I just hated the way the socks looked! I'd rather spend my knitting time making something I'll love. I know, I know...I should push through this and conquer this pattern. However, I don't have that much crafting time and there are so many other things that I'd love to do! So, Roguish Roses are marked IDJ (It's dead, Jim). The picot cuffs will be the basis for a new pair of socks because I do love the Bleeding Hearts colorway. I'm thinking the Show-Off Stranded Socks might be nice...

Aside from the failed socks, I actually had a decent weekend. The husband spent Saturday biking and gardening, leaving me to have plenty of time to spin.

I spun all of the Watermelon Rind Falkland top into two bobbins--one mostly melon and one mostly green. I'll spin them into a two-ply yarn after they've had a chance to sit for a few days.


Watermelon Rind singles

And I finally plied the Andromeda singles that have been waiting for a month. I decided to go ahead and do a Navajo-ply and let the colors fall where they liked.

Andromeda yarn

And the close-up:

Andromeda Yarn, close up

Specs:
Started: 3/14/09
Finished: 4/26/09
Merino-silk top from the Yarn Wench
Yield: 237+yards, Navajo-plied
WPI: 14

It was great to get back to the wheel...I missed it! And it was a nice change from the frustration of the Rogue Roses pattern!


1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Yup you made the right decision, frog dem babies....life IS TOO SHORT to be frustrated for a "pair of socks", now if they were the ONLY pair of socks you had and the ONLY pattern, then it might be different...but alas, I "think"??? there may be a few pairs of socks in your drawer someplace??? Good job, good job, you did the RIGHT thing....as for me, all my "hard labor" paid off along with my awesome new front yard, I lost 2 lbs!!! What a "win-win" maybe I need to find another project like that one???

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...