Monday, April 13, 2009

it was a knitting weekend...

...my back was bugging me, so I decided to forgo the spinning. That plus I decided to make a present for the birthday party we're going to next weekend. We've been invited to the celebration of a friend's daughter who is turning one.

Since I was late in deciding to knit something, I wanted to knit something quick and fun. I can't think of anything more fun to knit than another stuffed animal! I chose Fuzzy Mitten's pattern called Fuzzy Lamb. It is adorable! I'm using Bernat's Bamboo Natural Blends yarn because it's soft and washable. Here it is so far:

Fuzzy Lamb, in progress


I wish the tan was a little darker, but I still think it will be cute. The yarn is a little annoying in the same way Lion Brand Homespun is...for lack of a better description, it "bunches." The fiber is spun around a thread that has very little give. As you knit, the fiber starts gathering or bunching around the thread and you get these lumps that you have to move down the yarn. Then when you cut the yarn to end the piece, the bunches unravel and you get sections of unusable fiber. PITA, but the knitted pieces are very soft.

I also worked on my Rogue Roses socks. I finished the picot cuffs and started on the first pattern repeat. Not loving my "rosebuds"...I've redone them so many times that I've lost count. I finally decided to just move on to the rest of the pattern.

Roguish Rose socks, in progress

I am very glad I'm making these in a yarn color that I love, though. Otherwise, I'd totally throw them across the room!

On Easter Sunday, I made brunch for The Husband and I: Eggs Benedict and Mimosas. Yummy!! Sunday was my last hurrah before going back on South Beach. I have been totally bad (read: eating wheat, which is my nemesis!) and need to get back to healthy eating. So today, it's back to salads (yuck) and lots of vegetables (yay!).

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...