Friday, April 10, 2009

it's finally Friday...

...it's been a long week! I still have a little congestion and cough from my cold. It just won't seem to go away. At least the coughing is only happening a few times a day.

This morning when I went out to my car there was a wondrously sweet fragrance in the air. Our grapefruit tree is blossoming and the scent is intoxicating.

Grapefruit Blossom

It had stopped raining for a bit, so you could see raindrops on all of the leaves.

Raindrops

More raindrops

Not to be outdone, the tangerine tree is also blossoming.

Tangerine Blossoms

So beautiful after the rain...

One Raindrop

On the craft front, I wound the yarn for my Rogue Roses socks from the March installment of the BMFA Rockin' Sock Club. After winding the yarn, I realized that the Bleeding Hearts color matches one of our roses! Guess that's why the color appealed to me! LOL! Anyway, I'll start these socks today.

Up this weekend: finish off the taxes and eFile them. That will be a relief! I know I'll do something crafty, but who knows what will appeal to me! I have some singles that need to be plied, a ton of fiber that needs to be spun, a quilt top that needs to become a quilt, and just a few knitting projects...choices, choices!!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...