Wednesday, April 01, 2009

no-WIP Wednesday again...

...just haven't the time or energy to make any progress this week.

One thing that I did over the weekend that I haven't reported: I plied bobbin #1 of Chocolate Covered Raspberries. I'm not sure when I'll be able to spin the remaining 4 ounces of this fiber, so I decided to go ahead and ply what I had:

Chocolate Covered Raspberries yarn

...and the close-up:

Chocolate Covered Cherries, close up

Specs:
Started 2/22/09
Finished 3/30/09

Seawool (approx 4 ounces) from Creatively Dyed
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yield: 188 yards; 13 WPI

At some point I'll post a recap for March...

As promised, I took pictures of the new installment for the Rockin' Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts.



I have to say, this is not my favorite of the club colors. I love bright, jewel tones and this color is a little old fashioned for me. The pattern is somewhat interesting, but not really my style as I tend more to geometrics. I really want to love the pattern because it's by the Yarn Harlot. I may try the pattern in one of my other Socks That Rock colors.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not upset. This is my 4th year in the club, so I know there will be a color or pattern or two that won't sing to me. And that's OK, because I know that the color or pattern will sing to others who don't share my tastes. Overall, it makes the experience worth it!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...