Monday, April 20, 2009

so A.DOR.A.BLE!

...I love the way the little lamb turned out!

Fuzzy Lamb collage

(larger individual pictures in my Flickr photostream.)

I spent a good deal of Saturday finishing the lamb. It took me four attempts at a different dress pattern before I gave up and used the same one I used for the Siamese kitties. I was having gauge issues and decided I didn't need to fuss with that...this lamb needed to be done!

Since the lamb is for a one-year-old, I embroidered the eyes and sewed the dress onto the lamb, avoiding all buttons. I knotted all ends and used the quilter's trick of burying the knots on the inside of the work. I really wanted a longer needle, but I couldn't find my doll-maker's needles anywhere. (I have cleverly organized them into oblivion!)

I wish I could tell you whether the birthday girl liked the lamb, but the gifts weren't opened at the party...there were a lot of guests and a lot of gifts. It would have taken forever. :-)

By the time we got home after the party on Sunday, it was 5pm. Not a lot of time to start anything new, so I worked on Rogue Roses.

Let me tell you, this pattern is really starting to annoy me. I finally got sock A back on course, and did a couple of rows on both socks and then noticed that sock B was having issues. The right edging before the rose panel was not forming correctly—something had gone wonky somewhere along the way. Rats!! I had to pull out several rows and tried again...still not right! ARG!! I ended up pulling everything out up to the picot hem and starting the pattern again. The edge is still not right..so the sock is on a timeout right now. Between that and my rosebuds not looking anything remotely like buds, this pattern is making me nuts. It knits up quickly, so that is one saving grace, but if I have to pull rows out again, the pattern may take a permanent vacation!

Sadly, no spinning this weekend and I am itching to get back to the wheel!

Random flowers are starting to bloom in the front yard. I have no idea what this is, but it's pretty:

Pollen on white

And this lone iris has bloomed, with the promise of a couple more to follow:

Iris

View of the interior:
Inside the Iris

At least these flowers aren't as much trouble as my Rogue Roses!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Er, Ah, Um, anytime you feel that you might want to do another little lamb....I CERTAINLY know of a little girl who would LOVE to add it to her animal collection! Now don't take that as a demand...just a "hint" at something that would be a great Christmas gift if you are having any problems pre-thinking! HINT, HINT....I'm IN LOVE with those darling little animals! THANKS!

Or her birthday 1 year will be Septmeber 19th!!! HINT

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...