Monday, April 06, 2009

where did the weekend go?

...between the company party and taxes, the weekend just flew by!

The party was Saturday evening, which meant that a good part of my Saturday "day" was spent cooking the two dishes that were my contribution to the potluck. I made an Artichoke Frittata appetizer and a Rice-Zucchini-Green Chile casserole side-dish. I've made both of these recipes before and they always turn out great!

The party was held at the boss' home in Los Altos Hills...they have a great party house and one of the best views around:

View from Los Altos Hills

It's so nice to see the trees and the foothills from their front yard, unobstructed by other houses, light poles, etc. Anyway, the potluck was wonderful and we had a fun time.

Sunday was spent sorting through the tax materials and doing the first pass of the returns. Thank goodness for TurboTax! It would be too painful to do this by hand!

I managed to squeak in a couple of rows on my scarf, but that's was it for crafty things.

I know, kind of a sparse post. Now that I have the majority of the tax stuff done, I'll be able to get back into craft mode.

I'll leave you with a "creative" photo. I took a picture of the moon when we were at the party on Saturday. I used Picnik's Hypnotic tool and modified the picture to come up with this:


April Moon Dance

You can see the original photo in my Flickr photostream.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

cool "moon dance"....amazing what you can do with that program, I can see why you like it!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...