Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WIP is whipping me...

...I tell ya, this Rogue Roses pattern is way more of a challenge than I wanted! It finally occurred to me why I was having such a problem with this pattern: it travels around the leg. I always have problems with patterns that travel (Hydrangea socks [Ravelry], anyone?). I have no idea why...

I have frogged Sock B again and I've restarted the pattern repeats. This time its looking OK. Sock A is temporarily on hold until I can get Sock B to the same point, and then I'll go back to knitting them both at the same time. Here's what Sock A looks like right now:

Rogue Roses, still in progress

What I'd rather be doing instead of frogging these socks over and over again is spinning. And I want to spin this:

Watermelon Rind 1 (wool top)


This is Watermelon Rind 1 Falkland top from the Yarn Wench. I love the combination of colors and it really does remind me of watermelon. I really want to see what I can do with this one!

I have been playing a little bit in Picnik again. Here's a sky picture from Tuesday that I modified using the HDR-ish effect (
You can see the original photo in Flickr):

April Morning, adjusted

Back on Friday with some sort of eye candy...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...