Friday, May 08, 2009

Eye Candy Friday already?

So how about some May flowers?

A pink butterfly bush (Guara lindheiri) flower:

Pink Butterfly Bush Flower
Plumbago (Leadwort) flowers:

Plumbago

and a pink bower vine flower:

Bower Vine flower

The garden is blooming away and it's very hard not to take pictures of all the flowers...you can only have so many pictures of the same flower before they all start looking the same!

I'm trying to make progress on the Stranded Hearts socks, but I'm finding it hard to concentrate on knitting. I managed to knit 3 rows on the socks before I got bored. Now that I've finished Argosy, I really wanted something different to work on.

I spent a little time last night putting away partially-used skeins of yarn and the needles from
the last few projects I finished. I looked at a few knitting patterns and at my WIPs, but nothing really grabbed me. I really wanted to do some spinning, but there wasn't enough time last night ot pull out the wheel and get things prepped.

Instead, I pulled out my trusty Spindlewood spindle and a 2-ounce bump of Angora-Merino that I bought from Tactile, A Fibert Arts Studio. It took me a few tries to get the feel of this angora blend, but it's going pretty well now:

Spinning Wisteria Angora-Merino top

The colors are soothing and the fiber is so soft! I'm going to enjoy this one!

Up this weekend: The Husband is in the middle of replacing the floor tile in my shower, and I'm hoping he finishes that this weekend. When he's done, I'll take the opportunity to do a deep clean in there before getting it back in order. And, of course, I had to do all of my standard errands and running around.

Then, there's the whole Mother's Day thing...need to make sure we get his mother's gift put together and get a card. That will be delivered to her on Sunday. Since my mother doesn't live close by, I placed an order with FTD to have flowers delivered today so she'll be able to enjoy them all weekend. And I look forward to hearing from my kid!

I'll fit some crafting time in there somewhere!


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...