Monday, May 25, 2009

today's color is...

...orange! Ok, not my favorite color, but I do love these two things.

First, a tiger lily:

Tiger Lily, up close

I've been trying to get a picture of this flower for a few days, but kept missing it.

The other is the blood orange yarn that I finished:

Blood Orange yarn

and the close up:

Blood Orange yarn, close up

Specs
Started 5/16/90
Finished 5/23/09
BFL top from Sakina Needles
Spun and Plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yards: 225+ two ply
WPI: 12

I'm happy with the way this yarn turned out. I still need a bit more practice to get my two-ply yarns more even, but I am improving with each attempt, so it's all good.

OK, back to knitting and enjoying the rest of my holiday!

3 comments:

Just Jane said...

one must be such a "perfectionist" to me the yarn is AWESOME! Well the kids are back home, was a horrendous trip for the baby, but she did good. It was a very sad trip, but a good one, being that the kids got to see Bryan's grandfather when he still knew what was going on and who was there...he really enjoyed seeing the baby...and when he died, everyone was by his side, and he just went to sleep...so it turned out to be a good thing, as good as it can be...kids are exhausted, as are we...very stressed until they arrived home, now we are coming down...not function, might be a good word!

Bea said...

I love your orange yarn. I think it looks fantastic.

marie said...

Thanks for the positive comments! The more I look at this yarn, the more I love it!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...