Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WIP-it Wednesday, now with more socks...

...presenting: Fraggled Socks [Ravelry]:

Fraggled Socks, in progress

Yeah, I started another one! What can I say...I loved the pattern and the yarn from this month's Rockin' Sock Club. I wasn't sure how well the pattern would show up in the yarn because the yarn has so many wonderful shades of purple and gray—it would be a shame to hide them in the pattern.

I decided to make the pattern in another Socks That Rock Lightweight that I had in my stash...this is Turquoise. So far I love the combination!

As for the club yarn, I think I'm going to use Eleanor by Monkey Toes [Ravelry]. I've had the pattern in my queue for a while and I think it will work well. I tried a Sundara sock pattern that I had from my Petals Collection club, but like the Rockin' Sock Club pattern, it had too many elements that hid the beauty of the yarn.

Going into time out for a little bit are the Stranded Hearts Socks. I need to figure out which way to do the gusset. I tried the double-moss stitch version for a few rows and quickly got lost in the "purl the purls; knit the knits/purl the knits; knit the purls" instructions. I may make it easy on myself and just do the plain stockinette version.

At least with all these WIPs, I'm staying out of trouble! (LOL!)


No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...