Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Eleanor, gee, I think you're swell...

...And you really do me well
You're my pride and joy, et cetera.

Eleanor de Plume socks, cuffs

I love this pattern and I love the Pepe La Plume yarn in the pattern!

Also loving the Fraggle Squiggle pattern in the Turquoise Socks That Rock yarn:

Fraggled Socks, cuffs

I'm just about to the scary part of the toe-up Under the Sea socks.

Under the Sea sock toes

This is where I usually have a big amount of FAIL. Either I do the heel too early (foot = too short) or too late (foot = too long). The last time I tried this method, I frogged several times and them gave up in disgust. I'm hoping that it works this time.

That's all I've got...work has been really busy, so I haven't had many extra cycles to post, etc. By the end of the day, my brain is tired!

I leave you with a June sky picture...

June clouds
Love those clouds!

2 comments:

KatherineR said...

Hello, I'm knitting the Under the Sea socks too.

I've just completed the heel but I think something is wrong with the pattern. Shouldn't there be a gusset? (I am a total newbie with toe-up, wrapped heel socks). I ended up with 15 stitches on needle 2 compared to the 33 stitches on needle 1. Something is wrong here.

Can you help me?

--Katherine

kmrwork (at) gmail.com

KatherineR said...

Oh I think I need to learn to read. The instruction "Knit the stitch and the wrap together" is NOT "Knit the stitch and the wrapped stitch together."

Ooops. I think I see my needless decrease.

Your socks look lovely.

--Katherine

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...