Friday, June 26, 2009

it's been a strange little week...

...getting sick didn't help. While my body recovered pretty quickly, my mind didn't. It wasn't until Thursday that I really felt that my brain was fully functional.

I have managed to get a little knitting done. But remind me never to have 4 pairs of socks on the needles again, will ya? Because I am so bored with heel flaps, heel turns, and gussets...and only two of the four pairs are that far along! Ugh!

It''s good that I have to gear up for Tour de Fleece 2009. I can put the knitting aside for a while and spin my heart out! I need to finish up a few yarns and try and make a dent in my stash. Here's one of the things I want to finish spinning: Apricot Cinder Merino-silk from Yarn Wench. I started this at the Spin-In last weekend.

Apricot Cinder Merino-Silk spinning

My Tour de Fleece goal is to spin weft yarns that I can use in my weaving. I want to try to spin some warp yarns as well, but I have very few bumps of fiber that are more than 4oz. The most I've ever spun from 4 oz. is 440 yards of a 2-ply Wensleydale. I generally do 3-ply yarns and get between 250 - 330 yards. While that might be enough to warp for a scarf, I don't need that many scarves! I need to stash-dive and see whether I have any bumps bigger than 4 oz.

Up this weekend: clean house a bit and run the errands I didn't get to last weekend. I want to go through the stash and figure out what I'm spinning for Tour de Fleece. And then concentrate on trying to finish at least one of my WIPs!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...