Monday, June 01, 2009

June berries...

...not quite sure if these are the boysenberries or blackberries.

Berries, in varying stages of ripeness

But they definitely are not the raspberries we thought they were going to be! We had planted a raspberry bush under the faucet in the front yard and that's where these berries are growing. We had planted boysenberries and blackberries along the same wall...obviously one of them has gone rogue!

Ripened berries

(We seem to have a lot of plant that go rogue in our garden...I wonder what that means!)

This weekend was mostly cleaning and knitting. My floors got mopped and some of the clutter was stored away. The Husband and I spent a few hours sorting through and logging in a huge donation to Goodwill. We haven't donated anything in a while and it was really piling up. (Let me just say that I love www.itsdeductible.com! Much easier than making my own spreadsheet to track charitable donations.)

As for knitting...I have 4 pairs of socks on the needles! ACK! They are all 25-30% done.
  • Under the Sea Socks [Ravelry] - Loopy Ewe club pattern in Ocean Current Casbah Sock yarn; toe-up
    I have another inch to go on the foot and then I can start the heel.
  • Fraggled Socks [Ravelry]- Fraggle-Squiggle Rockin' Sock club pattern in Turquoise Socks That Rock yarn
    I have another inch to go on the cuff.
  • Eleanor de Plume [Ravelry] - Eleanor pattern by Monkey Toes in Pepe La Plume Socks That Rock yarn (Rockin' Sock club yarn)
    I have one more pattern repeat (12 rows) to finish the cuff.
  • Stranded Hearts Socks [Ravelry] - Show-off Stranded Socks in Bleeding Hearts Socks That Rock yarn
    These are in time-out now. I have finished the cuffs and has started the gusset. I decided to use the stockinette gusset when I get these going again.
(Sorry, no updated pictures on these yet. I'll get them up for Wednesday's post.) OK, it's a lot of socks, but each one of these patterns is very enjoyable to knit. We'll see which one keeps my attention and gets finished first!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

I still find it so hard to believe all the things you guys grow in your yard!! It's so neat to see "flowers and edibles"....give that "hubby" a big koodos from me! My yard was "transformed" this weekend as well...but no PICS! Still in the works...monsoons keep getting in the way!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...