Friday, June 05, 2009

just another Eye Candy Friday from the garden...

...because I haven't finished anything yet. I also know I'm remiss in posting my May recap. Gotta get to that soon!

We're about 2 weeks away from ripe apricots:

Ripening Blenheim apricots

The Santa Rosa plums are also ripening:

Santa Rosa Plum

The Husband is trying something new this year...tomatillos. So far, we only have flowers:

Tomatillo flower

He planted a bunch of cilantro, which we are obviously not using fast enough because most of the plants have these:

Cilantro, gone wild

Very pretty and the leaves are still good to use...there will just be a whole lot of seeds to deal with!

Up this weekend, the Husband is very kindly giving me a couple of days to myself. (Thank you, J!) I plan on knitting and spinning, when I'm not playing with my new toy that arrived today. I now have an Ashford Knitter's loom...no pictures yet as I have another deliverable today. Can't wait to open the box!!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

YOU WENT AND DID IT DIDN'T YOU!!! What a cool tool....poor Sirena will be sooooooooooooo jealous!!! Oh my, how could you!! Have fun, but don't forget your ole favorites...I'm sooooooooooo jealous as well, seems with my arthritis in de ole hands...would get a lot more done on a loom than by knitting! Have fun...while I sit here and just be green with envy!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...