Monday, July 13, 2009

first day of vacation...

...and I'm enjoying it.

We had a BBQ yesterday and as usual we had more food than people. Some how I've never learned to cook for less than an army! At least the leftovers are good...London Broil, grill chicken, and corn on the cob.

I've been feeling a lot better the last couple of days. I think part of it is that I know I don't have any pressing deadlines to meet; the other is that I am now in week 3 of this thing and the healing is well underway.

I've been able to do a bit of spinning for Tour de Fleece and that makes me happy. Tomorrow, I'm going to warp my loom and that will also make me feel great.

The Husband survived the Seattle-to-Portland ride quite well. Now he's off for a little R&R. We'll meet up at the end of the week for my class reunion.

Since I have no WIP pictures yet, here are some garden pictures. First up, an eggplant blossom:

Eggplant blossom

...and baby eggplants

Baby eggplants

...and a green tomato.

Green tomato

There are a lot of green tomatoes in the yard, but nothing is ready to eat yet. The yard is looking very lush right now and it's nice just to sit back there and enjoy the plants. Although, I have to say, the Husband did go a bit overboard with the tomato plants!


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...