Wednesday, July 22, 2009

not-quite-WIP-it Wednesday...

...I had to be in the office earlier than normal, so I didn't get to take any pictures before I left.

I am continuing to work on my new shawl. I've woven another 10 inches and it's looking pretty good.

Last night I started spinning another yarn for Tour de Fleece. I want to finish at least one more yarn before Tour de France is over. (One of these years, I'll actually spin every day of the Tour!) I started spinning Sea Nymph, a merino top by the Yarn Wench (who else?! LOL!). I'm trying an experiment with this one in that I am not pre-drafting. I've split the top length-wise into 8 pieces and will spin them onto two bobbins. I haven't quite decided whether it will be a two-ply or 3-ply yarn. (Or maybe I'll spin it with some ray0n thread. Hmmm...)

I still haven't had a chance to upload the reunion pictures yet. But I did get these two pictures up there. The reunion was held at the Fiscalini Ranch, the lovely home of a classmate and her husband. The sky and rolling hills are gorgeous so you know that I couldn't resist sky pictures! This was was taken around 6:30pm:

Late afternoon sky at the Fiscalini Ranch

...about two hours later:

Almost sunset at the Fiscalini Ranch

I do miss the open skies of the country...[sigh]

Back on Friday with some Blue Moon Fiber Arts eye candy and a WIP picture or two!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...