Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh, yeah, it's Monday...

...and the last day of my vacation. Boo! Tomorrow it's back to work.

This morning I was in Morro Bay, all fogged in. I drove home to sunshine and warm temperatures. The cats really missed us and they've been whining all about how alone they were. LOL!


We had fun at the class reunion...it was great seeing classmates and reconnecting. I have several pictures to upload to Flickr over the next few days. We took a little side trip to my high school just to see how much it had changed. I realized how much I loved the area and being in a small town--the rolling hills, the ocean, and the fog were all things I missed. However, I wasn't very happy about having no cell reception and limited wireless connection. Yes, I am spoiled by living in Silicon Valley! HA!

I didn't do much craft-wise. However, when I got home, I started some laundry and picked up the loom to do a little weaving on the new shawl:

Deep Blue Sea shawl

The warp is Socks That Rock Lightweight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts in "Narikama." The weft is one of my handspun--spun from Seawool top in Deep Blue Sea from Creatively Dyed. This is the third color I've tried with this warp and I think this one looks the best.

I want to get a little spinning in tonight so I can get back into the
Tour de Fleece groove, but the weaving is calling me right now. Back on Wednesday!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...