Monday, August 03, 2009

ask, and you shall receive...

...just when I thought that my pictures were getting repetitive, this comes along:

Backyard visitor

That black pole? That's holding the bird feeder that we keep full of seed for the finches and other little birds that frequent our yard. I don't think that the hawk was looking for seed though! It was amazingly quiet in the neighborhood while that hawk was there...no tweeting or rustling of any kind! Now if we could only get the hawk to buzz the yard when the squirrels are stealing the tomatoes!

The picture isn't too bad considering that I took it through the kitchen window and I had to use the zoom to get closer. I did try to get a picture from the outside, but the hawk flew away before I could get a good line of sight.

I managed to get some knitting done on Saturday while I was doing the laundry. I spent some time on all three pairs of socks so they are all in about the same place. I really need to be done with these socks soon...never again will I have this many pairs on the needles!

Sunday was just a lazy day. Once I finally got rolling, I managed to get the grocery shopping done and put on a crockpot of chili for dinner. The rest of the day was spinning.

I finished spinning the Apricot-Cinder merino-silk singles that I started last month. I'm letting the twist set for a couple of says before I ply it. I started another bump of fiber, this time Falkland from (who else) the Yarn Wench. This one is called Tropical Fish. Here it is prepped for spinning:

Tropical Fish Falkland top, ready for spinning

The colors are cheerful and I love spinning Falkland! I'm almost done with the first bobbin and will take a picture of that for Wednesday.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

AWESOME PICTURE!!! We have a lot of hawks here...small dogs and cats are pretty much prey if they are outside...of course they go after the birds too...but like you said...the little birds know when a hawk is coming and hide and are really quiet....we've noticed that and know that we will see a hawk soon when that happens!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...