Wednesday, August 19, 2009

just two toes away from a finished pair of socks...

...no WIP pictures today though since I'm almost to the end of the socks and the weaving project doesn't look any different (you can't tell that it's longer). I'll post a picture when the socks are done. Whew! I'll be glad to get one of these WIPs done.

So instead of WIP pictures, I'll share a few pictures of other things. I may have mentioned that I have toys in my office. These are items I acquired over the years. In the beginning, it was toys from fast food places (when The Daughter was small). Fast food toys gave way to stuffed animals that I picked up at craft festivals, puzzles, magnetic things, Star Trek action figures, and souvenirs from vacation trips. They all have their places in my office...some on the bookshelves, a couple on my computers, and most on the "toy shelf." They make me smile and give me something other than manuals and computers to look at.

When I go on vacation, certain factions in the office encourage my toys to play while I'm gone (when the cat's away...). One time I came back to my Borg figure brandishing his weapon at one of the other toys. Another time, a couple of toys decided they wanted to sit on the window ledge. Last year, all the stuffed toys took piggy back rides.

However, this year was the capper: they all decided to grow mustaches!

Mustaches?

They even conned The Husband's picture into growing one!

when pictures go bad...

It's going to be hard to top that one next year, guys!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

TOO FUNNY!! You need more vacation time!!! How clever....cool idea...THANKS...gives me something to think about when I'm 'housesitting" for someone!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...