Wednesday, August 12, 2009

languishing WIPs..

...it's been a while since you've seen these socks:

Socks in progress...

(Fraggled Socks [Ravelry], Under the Sea [Ravelry], and Eleanor de Plume [Ravelry])

As you can see, they are all at about the same state of progress. I did not include a picture of the 4th pair of socks, Stranded Hearts because they are on hiatus while I finish these 3 pairs.

Why is is taking me so long to finish?
  1. I am knitting them two at a time, so the picture represents 6 socks in progress.
  2. Eleanor de Plume has 12 rows in each pattern repeat. I am notorious for knitting long pattern repeats very slowly. (Bored, much?)
  3. The Under the Sea socks are my 3rd (4th? 5th?) attempt at toe-up socks (I guess my brain doesn't work very well for toe-up.) At least I finished the heels and the socks fit this time. Oh, and it has an 11 row pattern repeat.
  4. Fraggled Socks only have a 4 row pattern repeat, but each repeat is made up of 4 charts. And the first and last set of stitches on the needle have a different count depending on where you are in the pattern. (I don't have a lot of luck with that kind of pattern.)
  5. It's hard to finish something if you don't work on them very often—I haven't knit on any of these socks since the weekend!
Yes, it was crazy to cast on this many socks. (I won't to that again!) My next knitting project (if I ever finish these socks) will be a lot easier!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...