Monday, August 24, 2009

a little quilting, a little weaving...

...a little knitting...and a little attention span problem!

I spent most of Saturday cleaning and putting things away in my craft room. With the Daughter home, I had to move a couple of boxes out of her room and they of course landed in my craft room. In the process of cleaning, I rediscovered a lots of blocks for a quilt that I had envisioned about 3 years ago (maybe longer...). It was short about 8 blocks.

On Sunday, I decided to work on the quilt since I already had all of the pieces cut for the remaining blocks. One of the reasons that I could never finish this quilt top was that I was never happy with the layout of the blocks. I decided that I if I was ever going to finish this quilt, I had to stop being so picky!

I made the additional blocks and arranged them on my quilt wall. And rearranged them....and rearranged them...and... So much for not being picky (yes, I am a Virgo)! After rearranging them for the up-teenth time, my feet hurt from standing and staring at the blocks. It was time to do something else. This is where it's at right now:



(In looking at the picture, I know there are several blocks that must be swapped, but that's a task for another day.)

I worked on my latest shawl while I watched TV, waiting for True Blood to come on at 6pm. I love having the Eastern HBO channel because I don't have to wait as long to watch the episode. (Loved it, by the way!) The shawl is coming along and I estimate that I have about 30% left to weave.

I did manage to get a little knitting done, too. I'm working on the Fraggled Socks [Ravelry] and have about 20% left to do. No more pictures of these until I get them done!

Hello, my name is Marie and I'm a craftaholic...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...