Friday, September 04, 2009

it's been another strange little week...

...things are not quite normal and I'm feeling a little off-center. Virgos just aren't happy when things deviate from the routine!

I'm still working on the Under the Sea socks, so no pictures of those yet. I have another 2.5 inches to go on the cuff and then I'm done. I have a weaving project in mind using some cotton yarn, but I think I might have to do some samples first before I warp for the main project.

Today's Eye Candy Friday is brought to you by the letters C and T.

C is for Chiles:
Hot chile peppers

Ripening Red Chiles

Of course, I have no idea what varieties these are...

T is for Tomatillos:
Tomatillos

They look like little paper lanterns, don't they? Here's a more mature tomatillo:

Tomatillo...almost ready!

Up this weekend: today is my birthday, so we'll probably do something over the weekend to celebrate it. I want to finish the layout of my black and red quilt top and get that sewn together. I also want to finish the Under the Sea socks because the next Loopy Ewe sock club installment is on its way and I haven't even started the last one yet! A little weaving, a little housework...we'll see what else I can cram into 3 days.

As a birthday present, I'm asking people to go to Care2's Click to Donate page and click on at least the Global Warming and Breast Cancer donation buttons (clicking on all of the buttons would be great!). They are free clicks for good causes. I don't click them as often as I'd like, but I try!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

I'VE BEEN "CLICKIN'"..I'VE BEEN CLICKIN'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY
....DO I CONTINUE UNTIL I REACH YOUR AGE??? OR WILL THIS SUFFICE IN "HAPPY BIRTHDAY'S" FOR TODAY??
YOU WILL GET MORE NEXT YEAR!!

BTW....MY PARTY IS BEING PLANNED SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO TAKE A TRIP TO AZ IN APRIL????

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...