Monday, September 28, 2009

sunny and hot, with a chance of crafts...

...as weekend forecasts go, it was pretty much spot on.

When it's hot, I either get focused on one thing and work on it to the exclusion of everything else, or  I have the attention span of a gnat. I experienced both of these reactions over the weekend.

Rather than do a blow-by-blow of each day (which would really show my attention span problems!), here's a list of what I did over the weekend:
  • Paint it Red quilt
    Replaced a small section of the border
    Measured and cut a piece of batting for the back
    Pieced the backing fabric together
  • Weaving:
    Wove one of the six coasters originally planned for this warping. I learned that I don't like weaving this small an object (5" x 5"), but I'll finish up at least four coasters so I don't waste the warp.
  • Spinning:
    Finished a spindle-full of the Wisteria Angora and Merino top I have in progress and wound it off to a bobbin.
    I may move this over to the wheel to see if I can speed up the process.
  • Knitting:
    Worked on the Sea Foam Wrap that I haven't touched in weeks.
  • Prepped the fabric for another small cross stitch project.
  • Queen Mermaid cross stitch project:
    Worked several hours on her tail and made good progress. It's slow-going, though.  Unlike her body, her tail has large areas of a single color and it gets a bit boring after an hour of stitching one color.
  • Researched weaving techniques using two heddles.
  • Read about 150 pages of the new Diana Gabaldon book, "An Echo in the Bone."
There were also a few chores interspersed throughout. Anyway, my recap list of "Worked On" will be a bit longer this month!

And look what arrived today...the September 2009 installment of the Rockin' Sock Club (behind the spoiler alert)!


Yet another color that is pretty, but not quite my style, and an intriguing pattern.  I'll have to think on this one. So far I've only made two club  patterns, and only one in the intended yarn. I might just bite the bullet and do this one as specified.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE the colors of your new "installment"!!!!! YUMMY, YUMMY........give it a shot...you may love it when you see the pattern develope!! Weekend here was blah...after nasty treatment friday...but Sunday incredible, to hear hubby play in the Central Arizona Concert Band...AWESOME!!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...