Tuesday, September 01, 2009

today is a little less crazed...

...than yesterday. I had to take the Daughter to the airport (my least favorite place to drive...it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't change the route around SJC every week).

One of our cars decided that 3rd gear was the only gear to be in, rendering it pretty much useless. That meant that we had 3 people and one functioning car...not good! We rented a car for a few days to tide us over until the Daughter left yesterday. So now we are two people with one car until we decide what to do. I'd like transported technology now, please!

Because of the transportation situation, I had plenty of time to work on projects. I finished the Deep Sea Flower Shawl [Ravelry]:

Deep Sea Flower Shawl

At each end, I wove a little tighter for 5 or 6 inches and added a couple of pattern rows. Over all, it's a looser weave than my previous projects because the yarn is so stretchy, but it drapes beautifully.

Specs:
Started: 8/16/09

Finished: 8/30/09

Warp: Dream in Color; Baby in Deep Sea Flower; 10 epi

Weft: Dream in Color; Classy in Deep Sea Flower; 6-7 ppi

75"L x 17.25"W;

Loom: Ashford 20" Knitters Loom


I plied the Nocturne Falkland yarn [Ravelry]:

Nocturne Falkland yarn

(the blue strands are the ties I used) And the close-up:

Nocturne Falkland yarn, close up

Specs:
Started: 8/8/09

Finished: 8/30/09

Nocturne Falkland top from Yarn Wench
Yield: 195.4 yards, Navajo-plied
13 WPI


And I finished the Fraggled Socks [Ravelry] yesterday at lunchtime:

Fraggled Socks, finished

Specs:
Started: 5/24/09

Finished: 8/31/09

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock Lightweight in Turquoise

Pattern: Fraggle-Squiggle Socks, Rockin' Sock Club pattern

Needles: US 1.5/2.5 mm

Size: Medium

Modifications: reduced the cuff length to 5 inches


Next I need to finish the Under the Sea socks. Once I finish those, I can decide whether to finish another knitting WIP or start something new!

An August recap will follow when I get a chance...

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

........AGAIN, a STUNNING shawl...you are in the wrong business my dear...this is sooooo beautifyl! What a pro you are...I'm very impressed! Keep up the good work....my day yesterday consisted of getting my hubby, BUT also included mailing out a VERY IMPORTANT B-DAY GIFT....should get there Wednesday!!! Hopefully we can 'discuss' on our chat!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...